Modelio Dictionary and Business Rules Analyst
Define your terminology and business rules, and connect them to your business and IT models
- Dictionary definition and business rule analysis
- Graphical dictionary and business rule modeling
- Spreadsheet editors for terms and business rules
- Traceability management between terms, business rules and other models (EA, BPM, IT/UML, …)
- Definition of dictionaries or business rules defined in MS-Word
- Model creation wizards
- Modification impact analysis: Automated construction of impact analysis diagrams
- Pre-defined set of dictionary and business rule properties providing an on-the-shelf approach
- Customization of dictionary or business rule properties to your approach
- Dedicated documentation generation, with the possibility of combining documentation with other model/template parts (business processes, conceptual models, …) and including traceability matrices
A unique feature - dictionaries and business rule analysis integrated within your model
What are the terminology and rules of your business?
A well-developed dictionary clarifies domain terminology and drives model construction: models are justified by business notions, and are named and documented in accordance with your business vision.
Business rules sum up knowledge of the domain and the business constraints that must be respected by the system. Defined during the preliminary phases, these business rules are then transferred to the different parts of the model concerned. They can be inherently supported by the model, supported by specific implementation code in the system, or by a BRMS (Business Rule Management System).
Modelio’s impact analysis tool identifies the consequences of a change to a term or business rule (see impact analysis diagram on the right).
See also :